- Please do not send documentation that has not been requested at this time.
There are only 3 documents due at this time - the application page, copy of tribal enrollment, and an essay. Please do not staple documents.
- Application Form (see the Apply button in the right side bar) with all required fields completed. Please print clearly. If we cannot read your writing, we may not be able to contact you and will have to move on to another student.
- Proof of Tribal Enrollment - All applicants must be enrolled in their tribe. In the case of Alaska tribes only, if proof of tribal enrollment is available, that is preferred. If not, Alaska Native Corporate documents are acceptable. For Navajo students, the copy of your green CIB is also your tribal enrollment. Please send copies only. No originals.
- Student Essay - Having an exemplary essay is the single most important thing you can do to enhance your chances of being awarded a scholarship. Continuation to Round #2 is based on your essay. Your essay may include life experiences, such as military, faith, family, employment, sports, clubs, participation in your Native community, other tribal/cultural related activities, educational & post graduate goals, plans to give back to the Native community and any other information as applicable. These topics are suggestions, not mandatory. Only include what you feel comfortable sharing with the review team. Proofread your essay. A resume or C/V will not suffice as an essay.
Essays should be three pages (maximum) in length and legible.
(12 point Times New Roman or Arial, no less than 1/2 inch margins, 1-1/2 space is preferred).
Click for Essay Evaluation Criteria
- Only students who make it through Round #1 will be invited to submit additional documentation for further consideration. Final selections will be made upon review of the additional documentation. Request for additional documentation does not guarantee receipt of award.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions button at the bottom of the main scholarship page for more detail about our award process.