Call for Session Proposals
OUR CALL FOR SESSION PROPOSALS HAS ENDED.
Submission deadline extended to April 27, 2020
The Association on American Indian Affairs and the University of Denver Museum of Anthropology invites proposals for sessions that emphasize the 2020 Conference theme “growing community and moving forward after 30 years of NAGPRA.”
The Conference will provide plenary and concurrent sessions that deliver expertise on important and progressive topics about the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act, how institution and Tribal efforts at repatriation have changed over the last 30 years, and how repatriation practices must develop in the future including NAGPRA, changes to NAGPRA and cultural heritage laws, and international repatriation.
Sample sessions may include:
· Repatriation Success Stories that Inspire and Guide Future Efforts
· Identifying and Moving Beyond Barriers to Repatriation
· Consultation and Negotiation Strategies
· Coalitions as a Mechanism to Further Repatriations
· International Repatriation
· Repatriation of Intangible Cultural Heritage
· Repatriation Beyond NAGPRA
· Tools and strategies to advance NAGPRA implementation and repatriation activities, and build collaborative relationships