Summer Camp Grant Application Information and Form
APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 SUMMER CAMP GRANTS ARE DUE FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2019
We look forward to receiving proposals from Tribes and Native-run organizations that use innovative activities which intertwine the old with the new to strengthen traditional cultural knowledge and teach skills to live healthy and productive lifestyle. The Association can provide seed money for a small number of Native Youth Summer Camps. Applications for funding are based on the following required criteria:
- The camp must provide summer camp programs to Native American Youth. The camp must designate the range of age up to 18 years;
- The camp must include education on diabetes prevention, nutrition, physical fitness and/or other health and wellness topics;
- The camp should include education on culture, language and community building;
- The camp must follow safety and security protocols and procedures to protect and care for the youth; and
- The camp should involve Tribal elders and/or have active community involvement.
Please note that the Association's Summer Camp Program is dependent upon the generosity of our donors. Funding may vary from year to year, therefore funding is not guaranteed.
- The Association generally does not have the ability to provide funding of entire camps.
- The Association currently provides very small seed grants for critical portions of camps such as transportation, honorariums and supplies, not extras such as t-shirts, backpacks or water parks.
- Please be specific in your request.
- Grant requests should be no greater than $1,000.
- Native Youth Summer Camps that are approved for funding must submit a 2-3 page report at the end of the camp to describe activities of the camp, how Tribal elders or Native communities were involved, and how many Native youth and which Tribes were represented.
Please submit the application by email to: email@example.com
If you have questions, please email or call (240) 314-7155